- NC393 development progress and the future plans
- Reaching 220 MB/s sustained write speed with SATA-2 controller
- A web interface for a simpler and more flexible Linux kernel dynamic debug controlling
- I will not have to learn SystemVerilog
- Tutorial 02: Eclipse-based FPGA development environment for Elphel cameras
Knoppix Live-CD remastering
At present time this software is a beta-testing version.
This software for CD remastering is include a lot of DEB-packages (elphel-specific and dependenced), files and scripts. All software is compressed to the .tar.bz2 archive (size approx. 52 Mb).
You must have:
1. at least 1 GB of FREE RAM+Swap total (e.g. 256M ram, and 750M swap AVAILABLE) (unless you use a different compression program - look in this page for compressloop)
2. 3 GB free on a Linux filesystem (ext2/3, xfs, etc.) formatted disk partition (you must umount this partition before remastering)
3. Knoppix 4.0.2-2005-09-23 EN
1. Download the LiveCD-1.4.3.tar.bz2 archive (placed at the Xeon computer in the /home/elphel/Ilya/Live-CD_remastering directory)
2. Boot from the Knoppix CD
3. Unpack archive to the /home/knoppix directory
4. Open a root shell:
Menu: Kmenu->Knoppix->Root Shell
5. Type the following two commands:
6. The remastering script will be started. You must specify the work partition (for example hda1). This partition will be used for remastering Knoppix.
NOTE: This partition MUST be unmounted!
7. Follow printed instructions
8. The ELPHIX-1.4.3.ISO image will be placed at the work partition
9. Use the special software (for example, K3B) for writing image to CD