- NC393 development progress and the future plans
- Reaching 220 MB/s sustained write speed with SATA-2 controller
- A web interface for a simpler and more flexible Linux kernel dynamic debug controlling
- I will not have to learn SystemVerilog
- Tutorial 02: Eclipse-based FPGA development environment for Elphel cameras
All the camera software is provided on the terms of GNU General Public License. All the source code is available inside the camera but you may want to visit Elphel web site for the latest version.
Software Architecture of Elphel 3x3 cameras
Software in the Elphel cameras started from Axis Developer Boards Software and was amended for the camera specific functions. It was modified to work with newer hardware (models 303-313/323-333), support more features and now it seems to be a good time to make a major redesign instead of applying incremental changes.
Some discussion already started in Russian here - Nc3x3
See Live CD
PC-based video server that will archive incoming Ogg Theora incoming streams from several cameras and transcode them on the fly to lower resolution (binary decimation, windowing) and frame rate (i.e. using only key frames) presenting multiple streams (real time and recorded) to the operator. The external interface of the server might be one of the industry standard and compatible with 3-rd party legacy software.
Free Software and Open Hardware. Elphel, Inc., 2005